Reason for the Blog

I have set up this blog to discuss my trip to Kabul, Afghanistan. I am a volunteer with the GISCorps and have come to Kabul to teach the faculty at Kabul Polytechnic University and Kabul University GIS. My trip here started on July 3rd and my classes started on July 5th and will run until July 16th. Each day I hope to post my activities for the day and some pictures showing my trip. Since today is July 6th, I will create several posts that date back to my first days here until I catch up with the current date and then will post each day. Welcome to my journey, Carl Kinkade

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Day 4 in Kabul

Well today started like usual with some Naun and jam and then off to the local ESRI distributor to get a 9.2 DVD. I thought that I had brought one but I didn't. I had to uninstall the 9.1 and install the 9.2 which I got done just in time for the class to start.

We completed a couple sections today and one of the Kabul University professors, Marwise, translated for me...doing a superb job. So we got through chapter 3...only 6 more to go through in 3 days. It sounds like that should be very easy to do but it moves along very slowly.

When I arrived back to the guesthouse, the internet was hooked up so now I have internet in my room.....no more staring at the wall. I had my dinner at the scheduled 7:00 and then came to my room to catch up on this blog and then download some more material for my advanced class.

Nothing too exciting happened today other than getting the machines to work properly.

No comments: